Last Updated September 2021
Pet Active Life, a part of the Lintbells Family, is committed to safeguarding your Personal Data. Whenever you provide Personal Data, we are legally obliged to use it in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of Personal Data.
This Policy provides you with information about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your Personal Data at Pet Active Life, including our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Pet Active Life,” “we,” “us” or “our”) through our websites, mobile applications, email, social media and other sites that display this Policy (collectively, the “Sites”). This Policy will also apply to information gathered from you in person whether it is over the phone, face to face at exhibitions, events or vet practices (also, the “Sites”).
The Sites include the following UK websites operated by Lintbells: Lintbells.com, lintbells.co.uk, YuMOVE.co.uk, PetActiveLife.com, Lintbellsvet.com, lintbellsvet.co.uk, rescueyourrescue.co.uk (“Websites”).
Your Personal Data includes information or a combination of information that could directly or indirectly be used to identify you (“Personal Data”); for example, your name, address, email address, IP address or location data.
Who we are
Lintbells Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05928692. We are a manufacturer of quality, natural pet supplements.
Our registered office address is: West Barn, Fairclough Hall Farm, Halls Green, Weston, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 7DP and you can write to us at that address.
Our ICO registration reference is Z979610X.
We are committed to:
- protecting your privacy when you visit our Site;
- protecting the confidentiality of any information that you provide to us; and
- being transparent about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
We do our very best to keep your Personal Data secure by the implementation of appropriate technical and organisational security measures. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
This policy explains what we do with your Personal Data, specifically:
- What Personal Data we collect from you and how we collect it.
- Why we collect it and our legal basis for doing so.
- How we use it.
- Who we share it with.
- Where we store it.
- How long we keep it.
It also explains what your rights are with regard to your Personal Data.
References to the “UK GDPR” are to the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
Lintbells Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted by emailing [email protected] or by phone on
What Personal Data do we collect and how do we collect it?
We only ever collect the Personal Data that we need from you and keep to a minimum the Personal Data we hold on an ongoing basis.
We collect and process your Personal Data when you use our Sites and services. This may be Personal Data you provide to us, that we collect about you and/or information we receive from other sources.
Information you give us. The Personal Data you give to us may include:
- your name, postal and email addresses and telephone numbers
- information about your pet(s)
- financial and credit card information
We ask you to ensure that the Personal Data you provide to us is kept up-to-date and therefore please contact us if you need to amend any records we hold of your Personal Data.
Information we collect about you. Each time you use our Sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- the details of the device you use to access our Site;
- your user activity details and preferences;
- your browser history details;
- your location details; and
- your electronic identification data including IP address and information collected through cookies;
Information we receive from other sources.
We use approved third parties to provide services to us (for example, sub-contractors in payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
We sometimes combine information that we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information that we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out below.
Why do we collect your Personal Data and what is our legal basis for doing so?
The UK GDPR requires us to have a legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Data. The legal basis that we rely on in each case is one of the following:
- you have given us your consent to process your Personal Data (consent);
- processing your Personal Data is necessary for us to fulfil a contract entered into with you, or is necessary for us to do things (at your request) prior to us entering into a contract (contract); or
- we have a legitimate organisational interest where we use your Personal Data in a way that you would reasonably expect, and which has a minimal impact on your privacy (legitimate interests).
The purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data are as follows. In each case we have confirmed which legal basis we rely on:
- to register you with our Site (legitimate interests);
- to provide you with information about our products in response to your enquiry (contract);
- to provide you with the products you have ordered and to invoice you (contract);
- to provide you with information about our other products that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about (legitimate interests);
- to provide you with a more personalised service when you visit our Site (legitimate interests);
- for assessment and analysis; for example, customer and product analysis purposes. These enable us to review, develop and to improve our service to you as well as notifying you of any changes (legitimate interests);
- for direct marketing by email (consent);
- for direct marketing by post (legitimate interests);
(Nb for details of how to object to direct marketing please see the section “Your Rights”)
- to administer our Site and for internal operations; including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (legitimate interests);
- as part of our efforts to ensure that our Site is kept safe and secure (legitimate interests); or
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Please note that if you do not agree to the use of strictly necessary cookies then you may not be able to access all or part of our Website.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use the shopping basket or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also share this information with third parties for this purpose, such as Google and Facebook.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Remarketing||To deliver to you a marketing message after you have visited certain pages on our Website.||https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/technologies/ads/ https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/|
|Google Adwords||To understand Website behaviour and purchasing on Website after clicking ads in the Google network||https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/technologies/ads/ https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/|
|Google Analytics||To understand user behaviour on Website and improve Website experience|| |
|Facebook retargeting||To deliver you a marketing message on Facebook and its subsidiaries after you have visited certain pages on our Website||https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation|
|Facebook look-a-like audiences||Uses your Website behaviour to target people like you with advertising on Facebook||https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation|
|_orig_referrer, Cart||These cookies are used to remember what’s in your shopping basket.|
|tracked_start_checkout||Shopify analytics relating to checkout.|
cart_sig, cart_ts, checkout_token, Secret
|Used to track your checkout process.|
|To track which page you entered our Website on and from where.|
s, _shopify_fs, _shopify_s, _shopify_uniq, _shopify_visit, _shopify_y, _y
|To track your purchasing and non-purchasing behaviour on our Website.|
|These cookies are used to understand how you navigate our Website.|
|These cookies are associated with your login.|
|These cookies are used to enable optimisation of TV advertising by tracking sessions and conversion timings in relation to TV ad spot air times.|| |
Click here for more information on TV Squared cookies
|mf_[session], mf_user||These cookies are used to observe anonymised user session on the platform, to investigate user experience and improve ease-of-use for end users.||Click here for more information on MouseFlow cookies|
|TAG4ARM||We use the Tag4ARM to measure Website visits and conversions and overlay this with offline advertising to measure the impact of the media.||https://armalytics.com/StaticPages/Privacy|
|__adal_ca||Store which advertising campaign drove a user to visit|
|__adal_cw||Tie back conversion events to earlier visits|
|__adal_id||Uniquely identify a device|
|Mention Me (mention-me.com)||Various cookies to uniquely identify and keep track of what offers you are participating in to give you more a consistent experience.||https://mention-me.com/help/privacy_policy_s#cookies|
What if you don´t want cookies?
Update Cookie Preferences
- Privacy Preference Setting
For all other than Strictly Necessary cookies, you can manage your consent in our Privacy Preference Settings, available via the ‘Cookie Settings’ tab on our Websites. However, not consenting to some types of cookies may impact your experience of the Website and the services we are able to offer.
- Your browser settings
In addition, if you don’t want cookies, you can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or turn off all cookies through your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Chrome). Check your browser HELP menu to learn the correct way to change or update your cookies.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Website.
Sharing your information
We share your information with the following third parties to enable us to provide our services to you.
|Direct mail fulfilment house||To deliver marketing and promotional materials to our valued Club customers|
|Trustpilot – 3rd party review service||To ask you for your feedback on an order you have placed with us directly|
|Customer relationship management service (B2B)||To better understand our customers and promote Lintbells and its brands|
|Courier and postal services||To deliver your order|
|Email software provider||To send your education pet information and promotional offers via email|
|PR agency||To share statistics about pet ownership|
|Web developers||To maintain Lintbells and its Sites|
|Payment gateway provider||To process customer orders on our Website|
|Digital marketing agency||To help us advertise to new and current customers|
|3rd party basket website app||To offer you products similar to what you are purchasing or have added to your basket|
|Customer referral programme (Mention Me)||To offer you “Refer a friend” programme https://mention-me.com/help/privacy_policy#referrers|
We also share your information with the organisations detailed in the Cookies section.
Our selected third parties are required by us to treat your Personal Data as carefully as we would and can only act on our instructions with regard to their use of your Personal Data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we will be obliged to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Lintbells or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case our customers’ Personal Data will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation;
We will never sell your Personal Data and will never share it with a company for marketing purposes.
The data that we collect from you will be stored within the European Economic Area (EEA). Sometimes we work with external third parties who are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so their processing of your Personal Data will involve transferring your data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your Personal Data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Lintbells acknowledges the CJEU judgment (C-311/18) invalidating the decision (2016/1250) on the adequacy of the protection provided by the EU-US Data Protection Shield (so called Privacy Shield decision). Lintbells is working with its third parties who self-certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework to implement another suitable data transfer mechanism for transferring Personal Data to the United States.
Keeping your Personal Data
We keep Personal Data for no longer than the following time periods:
|From enquiries to our Sites/Websites||Duration of enquiry + 2 years|
|A Customer or consumer’s Personal Data||Duration of relationship + 7 years|
|A Supplier’s Personal Data||Duration of relationship + 6 years|
When we no longer need to keep your Personal Data, we undertake to delete it and dispose of it securely.
You have the following rights in connection with your Personal Data:
- To withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing from the email link or contacting us on [email protected]
- To object to us processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- To obtain a copy of your Personal Data which we hold about you.
- The right in certain circumstances to:
- have your Personal Data erased
- restrict processing of your Personal Data
- object to the processing of your Personal Data
- have your Personal Data transferred to a third party.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, then please follow the steps as outlined in the box above.
If you wish to exercise any of your other rights listed in this policy, or that you have in law, then please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing [email protected] or calling on +44 (0) 1462 416866.
If you have an issue or complaint arising under this Policy, then in the first instance please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing [email protected] or calling on +44 (0) 1462 416866.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your issue or complaint then you have the right, under Article 77 of the UK GDPR, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).
Our Sites may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Changes to our Policy
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and notified by an alert on our Website for 30 days following the update and by changing the “Last Updated” date at the start of this Policy.
Governing law and jurisdiction
If you are a consumer, please note that this Policy, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, this Policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer – email: [email protected], telephone: